- Anti-inflammatory Study Group founded in Charlottesville, VA USA
- Company established as Pharmaceutical Research Associates Inc., a data management CRO
- Services extended to clinical trial management and drug safety
- First European office
- The company changed its name to PRA International with the aim to become a global CRO, and it reached a number of 333 employees.
- PRA acquired by Carlyle Group
- First European office
- Acquired International Medical Technical Consultants, Inc (IMTCI), a CRO with a trials management and clinical research center in Lenexa, Kansas including Phase I unit. This remains a key location as home to PRA's state-of-the-art clinic and bioanalytical laboratory (opened in 2010) in the US
- Acquired CRO Valorum (UK) Ltd.-Strong Regulatory and Product Registration Services teams continue to form the core of the Reading, UK office
- Acquired ARCAM in Paris, France
- 1000 Employees in 9 offices
- PRA International acquired by private equity firm Genstar Capital
- With the third European acquisition since 1999, PRA International acquired Staticon, a CRO based in Madrid, its base of operations in Spain and further expanded its presence in the major European pharmaceutical markets.
- PRA International expanded its expertise in CNS and reach to North America, South America, Africa, and Australia and extended its capabilities in CNS clinical development by acquiring CroMedica International Inc., based in Victoria, Canada
- IPO made PRA a publicly trade company on NASDAQ
- Acquired Valid-Trio in Moscow, Russia and ClinCare in Brussels, Belgium, futher expanding Western and Eastern European
- Acquired GMG BioBusiness Ltd, in the UK and Regulatory/Clinical Consultants, Inc. in the US 2,500 employees in 23 offices
- Acquired Sterling Synergy Systems in Mumbai, India, expanding clinical monitoring capabilities in Asia
- Acquired Pharma Bio Research (PBR), a world class early phase clinical development and bioanalytical laboratory company based in the Netherlands - this formed the basis for the group with PRA now known as Early development Services (EDS).
- PRA reacquired by Genstar Capital and returns to being privately held
- 3,300 employees in 25 offices - Acquired Pharmacon, based in Berlin, Germany, specializing in conducting patient phase studies.
- Moved global headquarters to Raleigh, NC, US
- PRA opens North American Bioanalytical Laboratory in Lenexa, KS, US.
- Colin Shannon named CEO
- Acquired Kinship Technologies, a software developer and services company based in Chennai, India
- PRA opens offices in Singapore; Utrecht, the Netherlands; Beijing, China; and Belgrade, Serbia.
- 10,000+ employees in 70+ offices
- Acquired regional CRO ClinStar to increase scope of trial and logistics services in Russia and Eastern Europe
- PRA is acquired by private equity firm KKR.
- KKR acquired ReSearch Pharmaceutical Services, a market leader in embedded staffing solutions; RPS operates as the Strategic Solutions Division (SSD) of PRA.
- PRA acquires CRI Lifetree, a specialized Phase I-II CRO, making us the most comprehensive Phase I organization in the world.
- PRA becomes PRA HEALTH SCIENCES
- PRA Health Sciences IPO - now a publicly traded stock on NASDAQ (ticker symbol 'PRAH')
- 12,000+ employees in 70+ offices
- Established an innovative partnership with Takeda Pharmaceutical Company to serve as the primary global strategic partner across Takeda's drug development continuum
- We pass the milestone of 13,000 employees.
- Continuing to drive for excellence, PRA is name best CRO in Asia (BioPharma Asia), Clinical Research Company of the Year for the Americas, and international Clinical Research Company of the Year. Individuals and teams garner 12 additional awards (PharmaTimes).
- Global coverage expands to more than 85 countries.
- Acquired Parallel 6, an innovative "software as a service" provider of mobile application to support patient enrollment, patient/site engagement and protocol compliance, and overall trial management activities
- Acquired Symphony Health Solutions Corporation, a provider of data, analytics, and consulting solutions to the life sciences market. The acquisition reflects PRA's commitment to a more agile, flexible, and adaptive future of clinical developmenting which technology integrates seamlessly into patients' daily lives. It also supports PRA's commitment to provide deep, data-driven insights to optimize global clinical studies and drug commercialization from concept to compound to cure.
- PRA is included on Forbes 2018 America's Best Large Employers list. The industry continues to notice our global leadership, as reflected in the recognition and awards we received in 2018.
- We achieve the milestone of 15,000+ employees in 75+ offices providing coverage to 90+ countries.
Marijuana Effect on Differentiating an Opioid from Placebo During the Discrimination Phase of a Human Abuse Potential Study
Subjects of human abuse potential (HAP) studies must be able to detect liking with the investigational drug. However, many subjects recruited for HAP…
LC-MS/MS Support for Studies with Large Molecules
PRA’s Bioanalytical Laboratories provide LC-MS/MS services to support clients’ studies with biological and small molecules. The information details…
Onsite Manufacturing Early Clinical Development
Early drug development requires adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) guidelines when manufacturing investigational medicinal products…